There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

BOS

Former Employee - Business Office Specialist  in  Savannah, GA
Former Employee - Business Office Specialist in Savannah, GA

I worked at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

At my interview the job sounded so great. I would be truly helping people

Cons

Management does not back up the office staff. Clinicians are allowed to do as they please, verbally assault office staff, refuse work and transmit their work days after said work was done. Spent the majority of my day fighting with clinicians, writing up incident reports for the DOO and running behind clinicians begging them to please call in and out, please call in caledars and not wait till 4:55pm when patients need to be seen the NEXT day and TRANSMIT your work. It would take me 2hrs easy every day to just type up dreft's on clinicians for work not received on previous work and this was every day.

Manage your clinical staff. Hire enough staff so when staff will not comply with procedures they get written up and work is withheld until problem is resolved. When clincians know they are the only ones to get the work done, they do as they please and fear no consequences. Management in my office stated they were aware this was an issue and they were just trying me because I was new. I beg to differ. When an office has hired and lost 4 bos positions in 16 months, there is a problem and it is not with the bos. Shame on Management for allowing issues like this to persist and shame on Upper management for not questioning the office DOO and BOM as to why these issues have not been corrected.

282 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Ok company

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Love the people I work with been there for over 10 years...

Cons

unstability of company, Directors need to be trained better

Please think before you speak.

Great experience, solid clinicians, but the bottom line is everything

Former Employee - Medical Social Worker  in  Pensacola, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Social Worker in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Amedisys part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with the patients and helping them achieve post hospitalization recovery by facilitating community resources and referrals. My secondary DOO treated me with respect and understood the extra coordination a social worker does to aid patients. Fellow MSWs really dedicated to helping and mentoring.

Cons

Training and orientation ....shabby, here's your computer, have a nice day. Scheduling is a detriment to patient recovery. Supposed to get schedule on Wed for following week. The way it is: you get your patients the day of the visit, puts patients off as all disciplines try and get in. Some patients accepted to make some physicians happy. No notice for corporate directed terminations. One excellent cardiac nurse got the ax when she came in for work.

Get rid of dollar oriented AVPs and Doos and invest in employees more, and less in catered corporate lunches from Moe's. Production quotas are not realistic, make them reasonable. Truthfully advertise the location of the position. "Pensacola" really means Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!