Amedisys

www.amedisys.com

Great experience, solid clinicians, but the bottom line is everything

Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) Pensacola, FL

ProsWorking with the patients and helping them achieve post hospitalization recovery by facilitating community resources and referrals. My secondary DOO treated me with respect and understood the extra coordination a social worker does to aid patients. Fellow MSWs really dedicated to helping and mentoring.

ConsTraining and orientation ....shabby, here's your computer, have a nice day. Scheduling is a detriment to patient recovery. Supposed to get schedule on Wed for following week. The way it is: you get your patients the day of the visit, puts patients off as all disciplines try and get in. Some patients accepted to make some physicians happy. No notice for corporate directed terminations. One excellent cardiac nurse got the ax when she came in for work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of dollar oriented AVPs and Doos and invest in employees more, and less in catered corporate lunches from Moe's. Production quotas are not realistic, make them reasonable. Truthfully advertise the location of the position. "Pensacola" really means Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties.

Overworked

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros: Setting own schedule during work hours. Cons: Computer paperwork is too repetitive. Advice to Senior Management: Work with the employees. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Ok company

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Love the people I work with been there for over… Cons: unstability of company, Directors need to be trained better Advice to Senior Management: Please think before you speak. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Amedisys.

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!