There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Decent company but cuts costs in the wrong areas

I have been working at Amedisys for more than a year

Pros

Large IT staff that stays current with technology

Cons

Senior Management needs to spend more time in the "trenches" to see how the company is really operating.

If you are going to not give raises to your employees, then don't give senior management ridiculous raises and bonuses.

278 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Amedisys world wind

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Large company with great benefits.

Cons

Seems to run in chaos, and is very political.

Listen to your people and include the people where the rubber meets the road when initiating change. Be careful not to lead through fear and intimidation.

BOS

Former Employee - Business Office Specialist  in  Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Business Office Specialist in Savannah, GA

I worked at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

At my interview the job sounded so great. I would be truly helping people

Cons

Management does not back up the office staff. Clinicians are allowed to do as they please, verbally assault office staff, refuse work and transmit their work days after said work was done. Spent the majority of my day fighting with clinicians, writing up incident reports for the DOO and running behind clinicians begging them to please call in and out, please call in caledars and not wait till 4:55pm when patients need to be seen the NEXT day and TRANSMIT your work. It would take me 2hrs easy every day to just type up dreft's on clinicians for work not received on previous work and this was every day.

Manage your clinical staff. Hire enough staff so when staff will not comply with procedures they get written up and work is withheld until problem is resolved. When clincians know they are the only ones to get the work done, they do as they please and fear no consequences. Management in my office stated they were aware this was an issue and they were just trying me because I was new. I beg to differ. When an office has hired and lost 4 bos positions in 16 months, there is a problem and it is not with the bos. Shame on Management for allowing issues like this to persist and shame on Upper management for not questioning the office DOO and BOM as to why these issues have not been corrected.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!