Very Disappointed

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN
Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at Amedisys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not find a positive.

Cons

Wow, where do I start. My orientation was unacceptable , very sporadic with no set schedule. They use the "fly by the seat of your pants" philosophy. Apparently there is Preceptor/Trainer for RN's but she is covering a large regional area so you may get lucky and have her ride with you for a couple days. The refurbished computer I was given would not respond to the programs which is frustrating and the IT department couldn't seem to find the problem. You are expected to use your own cell phone for business purposes with a $30.00 a month reimbursement which is not automatic, you have to request it each month and if the bill is not in your name then you can't request reimbursement. Pay is per visit but you are not compensated for all the additional time spent calling doctors offices and doing extra paperwork. Mileage is reimbursed on map software which doesn't take into account construction, traffic issues or weather. I spent more than eight hours a day doing my work but was told that I could not submit extra admin time for this because it was overtime. This was my first experience with home health and I would have to say this is not the company I would recommend for your introduction.

Advice to Management

When RN's and Therapists are leaving in droves then it might be time to re-examine the business philosophy. Cutting benefits of those that are actually generating the income is not the best idea. Since these professionals have a choice of where to work, you need to make it appealing to work for your company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

#Amedi-Mess

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my coworkers and have made lifetime friends. I love the ability to move up within the company. They offer great opportunities to learn so much while working.

Cons

They were not prepared to have to pay Medicare the 150million they were sued for and they now have a board that makes very hasty decisions. When Bill owned his company entirely he did not make such hasty decisions. So many layoffs and offices being closed.

Advice to Management

Prepare for more cuts with Obamacare and an open case from the US Attorney's office, it is only a matter of time before a hostile take over.

Sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The experience looks good on your resume, and the pay is ok. Healthcare is an industry with a great mission and a chance to touch people's lives... but Amedisys isn't great for that.

Cons

the executives really just don't have any idea what they're doing, and they bounce around new ideas, layoff people, cut departments, add them back, change incentive plans, reorganize people... all kinds of busy-ness in the hope that something works. Hope ain't a strategy.

Advice to Management

Cut the BS, stop guessing, and remember that you're messing with people's lives. Think about how your new ideas and processes eat up time and take people away from doing things that actually generate value for the company.