Amedisys

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Very Disappointed

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN
Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at Amedisys full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I could not find a positive.

Cons

Wow, where do I start. My orientation was unacceptable , very sporadic with no set schedule. They use the "fly by the seat of your pants" philosophy. Apparently there is Preceptor/Trainer for RN's but she is covering a large regional area so you may get lucky and have her ride with you for a couple days. The refurbished computer I was given would not respond to the programs which is frustrating and the IT department couldn't seem to find the problem. You are expected to use your own cell phone for business purposes with a $30.00 a month reimbursement which is not automatic, you have to request it each month and if the bill is not in your name then you can't request reimbursement. Pay is per visit but you are not compensated for all the additional time spent calling doctors offices and doing extra paperwork. Mileage is reimbursed on map software which doesn't take into account construction, traffic issues or weather. I spent more than eight hours a day doing my work but was told that I could not submit extra admin time for this because it was overtime. This was my first experience with home health and I would have to say this is not the company I would recommend for your introduction.

When RN's and Therapists are leaving in droves then it might be time to re-examine the business philosophy. Cutting benefits of those that are actually generating the income is not the best idea. Since these professionals have a choice of where to work, you need to make it appealing to work for your company.

300 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The experience looks good on your resume, and the pay is ok. Healthcare is an industry with a great mission and a chance to touch people's lives... but Amedisys isn't great for that.

Cons

the executives really just don't have any idea what they're doing, and they bounce around new ideas, layoff people, cut departments, add them back, change incentive plans, reorganize people... all kinds of busy-ness in the hope that something works. Hope ain't a strategy.

Cut the BS, stop guessing, and remember that you're messing with people's lives. Think about how your new ideas and processes eat up time and take people away from doing things that actually generate value for the company.

Change is coming

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people that I work with in my office are great hard working people. The take care of the patients in a caring and professional way.

Cons

RVPs, VPs All the regional Regional Clinical and Office People who do not have a clue. One group comes in and tells you one thing and then 6 months later someone else comes in and tells you that you are not doing the job correctly.

Since Bill is leaving maybe the board should consider getting rid of the RVPs and AVPs and let the DOOs and BOMS report directly to corp. They could give a few raises and Amedisys would get the job done with a lot less expense by people who know what they are doing. Take the POD idea and kick it to the curb. And much of the other crap can be stuck somewhere else. I am looking for another job and waiting to be standing in the unemployment line. They can blame everything on Medicare reimbursement if they want but you can not treat employees like crap and expect great things from them. It is not going to happen.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys