There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Business Office Manager

Former Employee - Business Office  in  Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Business Office in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Amedisys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees very hard working and honest

Cons

Poor job security. Trainers train but other Office locations say to do things the other way until you get tired and don't know what is the right way and who knows the right way. AVP's not qualified to train staff they don't know themselves the right or wrong way. Before taking a job at this company check all the complaints they are all the same and also if you value your career and hard work and take your job seriously DO NOT - REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. The location AVP's and other Executive level office managers take your pride, your intelligence and your self esteem and tear it apart, they suck you dry enough that you never want to work in health care again even if you have been in health care for 20 years.

Go under cover and be an employee for a few months. You will be in for an experience. Listen to your office staff and don't take for granted that the area managers are honest and helpful in training new employees. I found that AVP's and other Department Executives didn't know how to train office staff and didn't have a clue about what their staffs jobs were. Wh.ile working there for less than 2 years I had 7 new Office Directors. You should not hire quickly and hire qualified management.

278 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Very Disappointed

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse  in  Jeffersonville, IN
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at Amedisys full-time for less than a year

Pros

I could not find a positive.

Cons

Wow, where do I start. My orientation was unacceptable , very sporadic with no set schedule. They use the "fly by the seat of your pants" philosophy. Apparently there is Preceptor/Trainer for RN's but she is covering a large regional area so you may get lucky and have her ride with you for a couple days. The refurbished computer I was given would not respond to the programs which is frustrating and the IT department couldn't seem to find the problem. You are expected to use your own cell phone for business purposes with a $30.00 a month reimbursement which is not automatic, you have to request it each month and if the bill is not in your name then you can't request reimbursement. Pay is per visit but you are not compensated for all the additional time spent calling doctors offices and doing extra paperwork. Mileage is reimbursed on map software which doesn't take into account construction, traffic issues or weather. I spent more than eight hours a day doing my work but was told that I could not submit extra admin time for this because it was overtime. This was my first experience with home health and I would have to say this is not the company I would recommend for your introduction.

When RN's and Therapists are leaving in droves then it might be time to re-examine the business philosophy. Cutting benefits of those that are actually generating the income is not the best idea. Since these professionals have a choice of where to work, you need to make it appealing to work for your company.

Sinking ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Amedisys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The experience looks good on your resume, and the pay is ok. Healthcare is an industry with a great mission and a chance to touch people's lives... but Amedisys isn't great for that.

Cons

the executives really just don't have any idea what they're doing, and they bounce around new ideas, layoff people, cut departments, add them back, change incentive plans, reorganize people... all kinds of busy-ness in the hope that something works. Hope ain't a strategy.

Cut the BS, stop guessing, and remember that you're messing with people's lives. Think about how your new ideas and processes eat up time and take people away from doing things that actually generate value for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

Worked for Amedisys? Contribute to the Community!