Business Office Manager

Former Employee - Business Office in Sarasota, FL
Former Employee - Business Office in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Amedisys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees very hard working and honest

Cons

Poor job security. Trainers train but other Office locations say to do things the other way until you get tired and don't know what is the right way and who knows the right way. AVP's not qualified to train staff they don't know themselves the right or wrong way. Before taking a job at this company check all the complaints they are all the same and also if you value your career and hard work and take your job seriously DO NOT - REPEAT DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. The location AVP's and other Executive level office managers take your pride, your intelligence and your self esteem and tear it apart, they suck you dry enough that you never want to work in health care again even if you have been in health care for 20 years.

Advice to Management

Go under cover and be an employee for a few months. You will be in for an experience. Listen to your office staff and don't take for granted that the area managers are honest and helpful in training new employees. I found that AVP's and other Department Executives didn't know how to train office staff and didn't have a clue about what their staffs jobs were. Wh.ile working there for less than 2 years I had 7 new Office Directors. You should not hire quickly and hire qualified management.

Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys

Very Disappointed

Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN
    Former Employee - RN Field Nurse in Jeffersonville, IN

I worked at Amedisys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I could not find a positive.

Cons

Wow, where do I start. My orientation was unacceptable , very sporadic with no set schedule. They use the "fly by the seat of your pants" philosophy. Apparently there is Preceptor/Trainer for RN's but she is covering a large regional area so you may get lucky and have her ride with you for a couple days. The refurbished computer I was given would not respond to the programs which is frustrating and the IT department couldn't seem to find the problem. You are expected to use your own cell phone for business purposes with a $30.00 a month reimbursement which is not automatic, you have to request it each month and if the bill is not in your name then you can't request reimbursement. Pay is per visit but you are not compensated for all the additional time spent calling doctors offices and doing extra paperwork. Mileage is reimbursed on map software which doesn't take into account construction, traffic issues or weather. I spent more than eight hours a day doing my work but was told that I could not submit extra admin time for this because it was overtime. This was my first experience with home health and I would have to say this is not the company I would recommend for your introduction.

Advice to Management

When RN's and Therapists are leaving in droves then it might be time to re-examine the business philosophy. Cutting benefits of those that are actually generating the income is not the best idea. Since these professionals have a choice of where to work, you need to make it appealing to work for your company.

Change is coming

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people that I work with in my office are great hard working people. The take care of the patients in a caring and professional way.

Cons

RVPs, VPs All the regional Regional Clinical and Office People who do not have a clue. One group comes in and tells you one thing and then 6 months later someone else comes in and tells you that you are not doing the job correctly.

Advice to Management

Since Bill is leaving maybe the board should consider getting rid of the RVPs and AVPs and let the DOOs and BOMS report directly to corp. They could give a few raises and Amedisys would get the job done with a lot less expense by people who know what they are doing. Take the POD idea and kick it to the curb. And much of the other crap can be stuck somewhere else. I am looking for another job and waiting to be standing in the unemployment line. They can blame everything on Medicare reimbursement if they want but you can not treat employees like crap and expect great things from them. It is not going to happen.