Amedisys

www.amedisys.com
  www.amedisys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys

My coworkers and my supervisor are great. Upper level management and corporate are incompetent.

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work for a great team and a great boss who care about our patients. The job is very gratifying and what I do never feels like work. Compensation/benefits although are not perfect are competitive.

Cons

Upper level management is incompetent. They do not listen to the concerns of field staff and mid-level management. There are questions of upper level management's ethics. The Justice Department recently levied a $150 million fine against the company due to their questionable ethical practices. Upper-level management recently took field staff's cell phones away to save money. This makes communicating between team members to provide the best care possible for our patients much more difficult. I have yet to get a raise after working for two years and receiving above average performance reviews/regular praise from the patients I serve. I would avoid working for this company until upper level management issues are addressed.

Learn how to listen and communicate in a straight manner with mid-level management and field staff.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Change is coming

I have been working at Amedisys full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people that I work with in my office are great hard working people. The take care of the patients in a caring and professional way.

Cons

RVPs, VPs All the regional Regional Clinical and Office People who do not have a clue. One group comes in and tells you one thing and then 6 months later someone else comes in and tells you that you are not doing the job correctly.

Since Bill is leaving maybe the board should consider getting rid of the RVPs and AVPs and let the DOOs and BOMS report directly to corp. They could give a few raises and Amedisys would get the job done with a lot less expense by people who know what they are doing. Take the POD idea and kick it to the curb. And much of the other crap can be stuck somewhere else. I am looking for another job and waiting to be standing in the unemployment line. They can blame everything on Medicare reimbursement if they want but you can not treat employees like crap and expect great things from them. It is not going to happen.

Good company to work with in Corporate role

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Amedisys full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Took care of employees in Corporate roles

Cons

Constant travel, expected Monday early morning travelers to put in lengthy days.

Provide home assignments monthly