Amedisys

Outstandingly positive!

Current Employee - Physical Therapist
Current Employee - Physical Therapist

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

Great emphasis on training and continuing ed. Amazing support from managers. They treat you like family. The nurses are the best and do work with you as a team achieving great results with patients. Good communication. Transparent and ethical. Infact I can breathe so much easier that I know my clinical judgement will be respected and I wont be pressured to do anything OI don't feel comfortable with unlike some places I have worked before.

Cons

Frequent changes in documentation requiremnts, fluctuating case load like in any other setting, pay per visit instead of salary. Some people get off with working less efficiently due to laxity of mgmnt.

Couldnt you pay for the phone reimbursement directly every paycheck instead of us having to use cumbersome procedures. Also office staff seems overworked.

301 Other Employee Reviews for Amedisys (View Most Recent)

Average Company That Could Be Great

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

This organization has a strong mission that any employee could support. Employees have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of individuals. Non-clinical employees have the opportunity to learn from clinical employees. Compensation seems fair.

Cons

Core values are inconsistently applied throughout the organization. Most departments operate in silos that make it difficult for field employees to operate effectively. The organization strongly needs some foundational processes to support its tremendous growth. Continuous improvement is often an excuse to throw out software or processes before they are fully baked and ready to be implemented, which leads to confusion. Really hard to maintain work-life balance.

Review and determine if the organization's core values accurately depict where the organization wants its culture to be, then get all levels of management on board with how to support the values. Consider how changes may affect all levels of employees and implement plans from their point of view to minimize confusion and frustration, particularly what is seen in the field. Encourage more cross-functional teams within Corporate that supports cross-department communication and tears down silos.

Over worked, micromanaged

Current Employee - Director of Operations
    Current Employee - Director of Operations

I have been working at Amedisys

Pros

National ompany with many opportunities. computerized documentation, team meetings, Fair benefits but only for full time employees, good staff good sales staff

Cons

micro managed, Limited support staff unable to omplete all that is expected. Corporate does not call back when you submit questions. Inability to "talk" with anyone in corporate. Poor HR assistance. Inadequate orientation and operational support. Not enough staff to grow business.

See what your carecenters are really trying to do. Provide education to staff and adequate staff to get the job done right

There are newer employer reviews for Amedisys