Amegy Corporation

Would recommend

Manager (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Amegy Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Good bank with positive reputation in the commmunity
-Good work/life balance
-Better than average bank products
-Trustworthy senior management
-Competitive salary (for new hires)
-Genuine interest to promote from within and develop employees
-Good training programs

Cons-Worst benefits around
-Outdated technology. MS-Dos was the most efficient banker tool and the systems frequently break
-Small, capped incentive programs

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the benefits affordable or worthwhile to have. In my opinion, people in an entry level spot (tellers or backoffice) cannot possibly afford these services.

Try to take care of the employees you are trying to develop. When employees get promoted (let alone multiple times), a standard 5% increase generally puts them well below market salary and can lead to multiple subordinates making more money than their boss. This compensation plan makes it difficult to retain top talent because they can make significantly more money by going to a competitor for a similar position.

Mangers that want you to excell

Teller III (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Amegy Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Mangers that support their staff and work with them to help them better themselves and get further in their carrerrs. The salary… Cons: Some of the Managers can be petty and try to… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be more of a united front and less silly bickering among the Branch Managers and Assistant Managers. While we… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Do your research before applying

Houston, TX

I have been working at Amegy Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: There are some great people employed there that are willing to share knowledge and experiences and not… Cons: Unfortunately, very much run by and still practices the "good ol'… Advice to Senior Management: Retire the good ol' boys and modernize the company into the 21st century. Tenure does automatically suggest quality. Sometimes a… More

There are newer reviews on Amegy Corporation.

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amegy Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amegy Corporation CEO Scott J. McLean. All reviews posted anonymously by Amegy Corporation employees.