Amegy Corporation
www.amegybank.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Work in Houston only

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I worked at Amegy Corporation

ProsSenior management in Houston is very responsive and does a great job of communicating with all employees. Great brand in Houston, some of the best talent in the city can be found there.

ConsI worked in SA not Houston. The problem is SA leadership wants to be like Chase bank. They are ignoring the middle market and focusing on large corporate accounts. Only choice for health care coverage is a high deductible plan. My wife has a PPO that has better benefits and costs the same as Amegy's high deductible plan. The only real opportunity for advancement is in Houston.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop what you are doing in SA, just do what Houston did. You are missing out on a large potential client base by just focusing on the large corp. accounts. Take a second look at your retail leadership in SA.

Great People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Amegy Corporation

Pros: Very talented group of people Company does seem to care about… Cons: Poor salary Could have better benefits Not all departments have the same… Advice to Senior Management: The leadership is what really makes this a great place to work. They do a great job of communicating to the company regardless of whether… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have been working at Amegy Corporation

Pros: The bank is financially strong Cons: Current banking environment is difficult Advice to Senior Management: Amegy has a strong leadership Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amegy Corporation.

Worked for Amegy Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amegy Corporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amegy Corporation CEO Scott J. McLean. All reviews posted anonymously by Amegy Corporation employees.