There are newer employer reviews for AmerCable

Just glad to have a job in this economy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Dorado, AR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at AmerCable

Pros

Profit sharing and good insurance

Cons

Not much advancement potential. If you don't work in the right unit, you don't don't get as much compensation.

Stop hiring people that aren't needed

5 Other Employee Reviews for AmerCable (View Most Recent)

Great place to work. Lots of opportunities

Current Employee - Floor Worker  in  El Dorado, AR
    Current Employee - Floor Worker in El Dorado, AR

I have been working at AmerCable

Pros

It's a family atmosphere. Not very restricted. The attitude is "Do what you have to do to get the job done". There is always someone who can and will help you when you need it. They can be generous with raises when the time is right. Not what I would call a dead end job. There is always some way that you are able to advance. It is also a growing company. In the last few years they have opened several world wide offices. Some of those are sales offices, but some are also warehouses to ship product. So all in all, a good place to be.

Cons

Don't know of any yet...

Keep people informed of what's going on with the company

Headed in the wrong direction

I worked at AmerCable

Pros

Great People. The production employees at Amercable are amongst the friendliest you'll ever come across. Helpful and pleasant to be around. The pay is competitive and the benefits are great. Help can always be found when needed and the production team works as a cohesive unit to finish tasks assigned throughout the week.

Cons

Management within the facility is poor. It is not uncommon to go weeks without seeing your department manager and when you do conversation is avoided. Employees are treated treated as minorities and are constantly pitted against one another in everyday operations. Summers are extremely hot within the plant.

The overall direction of this company is great. However, the management team in charge of ensuring this direction is followed leaves little to be desired. Since I've left, a few things may have changed. However, while I was an employee within this organization, various managers throughout the entire plant treated their employees as if they weren't important. This company has changed from family and team oriented to every man for themselves within the past year and I strongly believe it has to do with many of the new managers and cell structure presented within the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for AmerCable

Worked for AmerCable? Contribute to the Community!