Ameren
www.ameren.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Great company but needs to change

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ameren

ProsExceptional compensation and benefits-premium pay package with very little effort required
established company; secure in what they are doing-no pressure to always do more

ConsDisparate treatment for employees on regulated vs unregulated sides of business; unregulated side treated as poor step children-don't have funding to maintain equipment but are still required to participate in all company programs-even to the point that they layoff people but still participate in employee safety fair that costs thousands--for a 1 day "picnic"

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to focus on making the business better; investing in equipment and people instead of always working on ways for you to look good, win awards based on work of others and regularly enhancing your own pay, bonuses and perks.

Fullfilling

I have been working at Ameren

Pros: work life balance , stability of work. Cons: very few growth prospect, stagnation. More

Contact Center Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ameren

Pros: salary and benefits are good Cons: vacation and sick leave policy is too restrictive Advice to Senior Management: A degree does not ensure a quality hire.. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ameren.

Worked for Ameren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameren CEO Thomas R. Voss. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameren employees.