Ameren
www.ameren.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Overall a good place to work. Once you get hired you're in until you retire

Senior Bookkeepper (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsStable work atmosphere, people are nice, you are treated with respect. If you do your work, you will not have any problems due to Union environment .

ConsUnion environment, merit based raises are mostly non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat union employees like they are responsible adults. 2-15 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch. You can not combine these. It's kind of ridiculous. Depending on the department the work can be monotonous.

Great company with excellent benefits!

Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ameren full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Outstanding benefits and salary package -New fitness center on-site--membership fees are negligible -Decent cafeteria -Flexible work hours (can start anywhere between 6am… Cons: -Like any big company, change can be slow and can be resisted, but leadership is making a huge effort to change the "this is the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Positive Work Experience

Senior Auditor (Former Employee)

I worked at Ameren full-time

Pros: Internal Audit management successfully executes a value add philosophy, investing in the growth of all team members. The majority of the organization is committed to… Cons: Because of budget constraints, the IA team must rely heavily on consultants… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ameren.

Worked for Ameren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameren CEO Warner L. Baxter. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameren employees.