There are newer employer reviews for Ameren

Overall a good place to work. Once you get hired you're in until you retire

Current Employee - Senior Bookkeepper in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senior Bookkeepper in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ameren full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable work atmosphere, people are nice, you are treated with respect. If you do your work, you will not have any problems due to Union environment .

Cons

Union environment, merit based raises are mostly non-existent.

Advice to Management

Treat union employees like they are responsible adults. 2-15 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch. You can not combine these. It's kind of ridiculous. Depending on the department the work can be monotonous.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Positive Work Experience

Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Auditor in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ameren full-time

Pros

Internal Audit management successfully executes a value add philosophy, investing in the growth of all team members. The majority of the organization is committed to their roles, although it is not generationally diverse. On the other hand, this provides a great deal of opportunity for promotion. Overall, a very positive work experience.

Cons

Because of budget constraints, the IA team must rely heavily on consultants for completion of testing, which leads to a low retention of knowledge.

Conservative Utility in Midwest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ameren

Pros

I like the flexible work hours, nice work-from-home policy, friendly colleagues,job security and constant challenges from different projects. Ameren is very conservative compared with other utilities.

Cons

The cafeteria is horrible. I mean, I don't understand why they can't lease it out to McDonald and KFC to have some competition. The food is expensive, code and terrible. People have to bring their own lunch.

Advice to Management

Change the way we do business. Due to the monopoly on UE side for years, Ameren is like a dinosaur with huge body and little head. The head is little because it doesn't make all decisions based on market, but rather on "old school" ways. Dinosaurs are extinct now.