Ameren

www.ameren.com

Application Development Specialist

Applications Development Specialist (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsMedical benefits are good. Company location is okay. Free parking.
Company 401K(but others are just as good and better too)

ConsI agree with others. Get experience and get out. The company wants to look good, (thats what they got Karen Foss to try to do and fix) but the company isn't fooling anyone.
The work IS 24X7X365. l would not recommend if you have a family; it is a stepping stone to another position elsewhere. No pay raises. The company can talk about integrity, respect and stewardship in the value; but as the saying goes; "do as i say not as i do."

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead wood. Both union and non-union employees, it's overdue to do some housecleaning and cut the dead wood headcount. Many "paycheck collectors" and this needs to stop. I mean some departments have 24 people doing what 3 people do.

Not for career focused or forward thinking leaders

Manager (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ameren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: One of the more stable employers in the St. Louis… Cons: Leadership likes to talk about being innovative, but new or innovative ideas are often crushed under the culture of "We've always done it… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to ask what the leadership can do to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good place to work for moving up, improvements in job positions, and supportive in educational opportunities.

Settlement Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Ameren full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great Benefits and lifetime of opportunities for self-improvement in the… Cons: Some bad/poor levels of management Advice to Senior Management: Stay on top of what is happening within your department Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ameren.

Worked for Ameren? Contribute to the Community!