Ameren
www.ameren.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Application Development Specialist

Applications Development Specialist (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsMedical benefits are good. Company location is okay. Free parking.
Company 401K(but others are just as good and better too)

ConsI agree with others. Get experience and get out. The company wants to look good, (thats what they got Karen Foss to try to do and fix) but the company isn't fooling anyone.
The work IS 24X7X365. l would not recommend if you have a family; it is a stepping stone to another position elsewhere. No pay raises. The company can talk about integrity, respect and stewardship in the value; but as the saying goes; "do as i say not as i do."

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the dead wood. Both union and non-union employees, it's overdue to do some housecleaning and cut the dead wood headcount. Many "paycheck collectors" and this needs to stop. I mean some departments have 24 people doing what 3 people do.

Good temporary job

Co-op Gas Engineering (Current Employee)
    Decatur, IL

I have been working at Ameren as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Great pay and benefits for the area. Co-op/interns are given… Cons: Co-op/interns aren't always kept busy, I find myself constantly asking for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a good place to work. Once you get hired you're in until you retire

Senior Bookkeepper (Current Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ameren full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Stable work atmosphere, people are nice, you are treated with respect. If you… Cons: Union environment, merit based raises are mostly non-existent. Advice to Senior Management: Treat union employees like they are responsible adults. 2-15 min breaks and a 30 minute lunch. You… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Ameren.

Worked for Ameren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameren CEO Warner L. Baxter. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameren employees.