Ameren
www.ameren.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

If VP is your buddy and you enjoy bureaucratic top-down only management, this is the place for you!

Field Engineering Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Ameren full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay in some areas for work performed. Benefits are better than many newer companies but are under pressure. Many types of jobs are available all over state.

ConsWhere to begin? It would be hard to imagine how a company management could drive employee morale much father down. Since Ameren swallowed up the moderately well run utility company I worked for in Illinois, it has been one bad decision after another. Annual employee surveys consistently give horrible ratings to upper management year after year yet no changes. Need new board & management.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture 180 degrees. Stop the "bad news gets buried". Eliminate layers and layers of bureaucrats. Require managers to directly ask first line employees what would help them be more efficient Get rid of stone-age software that actually slows down work. Fire the top half of the management if necessary.

Application Development Specialist

Applications Development Specialist (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Ameren full-time for more than a year

Pros: Medical benefits are good. Company location is okay. Free parking. Company… Cons: I agree with others. Get experience and get out. The company wants to look good, (thats what they got Karen Foss to try to… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the dead wood. Both union and non-union employees, it's overdue to do some housecleaning and cut the dead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not for career focused or forward thinking leaders

Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Ameren full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: One of the more stable employers in the St. Louis… Cons: Leadership likes to talk about being innovative, but new or innovative ideas are often crushed under the culture of "We've always done it… Advice to Senior Management: Be willing to ask what the leadership can do to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Ameren.

Worked for Ameren? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ameren reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ameren CEO Thomas R. Voss. All reviews posted anonymously by Ameren employees.