Ameresco

www.ameresco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ameresco

Flexible work environment

I worked at Ameresco

Pros

The office location was easy to get to and the flexibility interns of timing. Also, ability to opportunity to networking through seminars and conferences.

Cons

Not opportunity to advance quickly enough and no formal structure in the organization. All the offices operate as an independent office.

Need to bring cohesiveness to the organization in order to operate and function properly. Better leverage resources between offices and peoples.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Ameresco (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Summer Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Ameresco

Pros

Excellent company culture. Everyone in the office was very kind and open to giving advice, constructive criticism as-well as listening to what concerns and questions I had. Really enjoyed my experience. Got business cards as an intern.

Cons

I cannot think of any negative experiences that I had during my four month internship with the company. The only thing that comes to mind is that the HR which is located at another office had me on 401K as an intern by accident they didn't pay enough attention.

Keep doing exactly what you are doing. I think the management is very friendly and fantastic. I got to work with the program manager as an intern. He was easily available.

Great company on paper, however, much collaboration and useful insight is lacking.

I worked at Ameresco full-time

Pros

Great benefits, valuable industry to work in and gain experience.

Cons

No room for advancement, most departments are highly understaffed and overworked. They'd rather hire numerous engineers when it's not imperative, but refuse to hire more HR, marketing, accounting professionals etc, while it is indeed imperative; this is very concerning considering Ameresco is about an 1,000 employee publicly traded company. There are companies with 200, 300, 400, etc employees, and even most companies that are in this bracket have larger respective departments that I've listed previously. It's too bad that a larger scale, publicly traded company doesn't value these employees as they should. Long hours; people have had to work during their vacation time, which is quite a shame. A previous colleague of mine had to stay in the office for a straight 36 hours in order to finish a project. This is a high concern, considering that's highly illegal. :/ I left the company because I did not want to catch myself in that scenario, for that is not worth my time and sanity, especially considering overtime rates are not provided, it's really just a complete and utter shame that that had to happen to my former colleague.

No company credit cards, which again, is a little concerning considering they are such a large publicly traded company.

The company's hierarchy and organization is extremely disorganized and confusing, this isn't quite a big deal; I guess as long as things get done, that's all that matters. Some of upper management seems to be a little out of touch, meaning they lack detail orientation. Salary could be better.

Just reflect on the things I've listed above.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameresco