There are newer employer reviews for Ameresco

Engineering

Current Employee - Project Development Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Project Development Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Ameresco

Pros

Good company, they treat staff well and pay well

Cons

The company seems to be a bit disorganized and segmented from office to office

I think as they grow they have to being to implement better wholistic company practices.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Ameresco (View Most Recent)

Flexible work environment

I worked at Ameresco

Pros

The office location was easy to get to and the flexibility interns of timing. Also, ability to opportunity to networking through seminars and conferences.

Cons

Not opportunity to advance quickly enough and no formal structure in the organization. All the offices operate as an independent office.

Need to bring cohesiveness to the organization in order to operate and function properly. Better leverage resources between offices and peoples.

Great people locally, but HQ lacks direction.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

I have been working at Ameresco full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Talent: Ameresco employs some of the brightest minds I've had the pleasure of dealing with. 90% of the local staff is top notch.
    Communication: Everyone is eager to help each other and knowledge is shared freely.
    Environment: Management is involved and coordinated without being in your business and looking over your shoulder. A high level of trust is shown and earned with competence and not brown nosing.
    Salary: Pay is competitive and fair. You can probably find a higher salary somewhere else, but it's not much more, and it's certainly not worth the headaches.

Cons

Benefits: No vehicles. I've put 60k miles on my personal car in 2 years (exactly 2 years as of post date). Bonuses are sporadic and I don't know what they're for or how to get more of them.
    Use of Resources: I've never spoken to anyone from a different region (excluding Framingham). There are solar and utility management divisions that don't ever get utilized when we all exist under the same umbrella.
    Disconnect from Corporate: This is the big one. Ameresco's strategy was to gobble up smaller companies to establish market share nationally. This is well and good, but it seems like they did it without any sort of plan on how they would commingle all of these different offices.Everything from payroll issues, HR problems, expenses and budgets needs to go through the mothership in Boston. It's incredibly inefficient at best and mind-numbingly annoying at worst.

Give your regional offices the tools to succeed. Also, quit missing projections and pile driving the stock.

There are newer employer reviews for Ameresco