AmeriCares Foundation

www.americares.org

Looks better on the outside than the inside

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe salaries are good. With little experience you can get a good title and lots of perks like travel abroad and meeting high level people. There are opportunities for people willing to go along with organizational agendas. Good work/life balance.

ConsThe company culture feels more focused on pleasing donors and raising funds than having a positive impact. There is a lack of transparency within the organization and some of the donation practices are questionable. There's a lack of expertise among the leadership. There's tons of turnover, as people realize what the situation is and quickly leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization needs less focus on image and more on substance in the work. The focus should be on helping people not on pleasing donors. More transparency and more critical-thinking among the leadership is needed.

Pleasant work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stamford, CT

I worked at AmeriCares Foundation full-time

Pros: Warm, supportive company culture that is consciously cultivated. Excellent work-life… Cons: Limited upward mobility--many people stay in the same role for several years and do not have opportunities for advancement.… Advice to Senior Management: Create more opportunities for role/title advancement to prevent constant staff… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great mission, but can't say the same about everyone there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmeriCares Foundation

Pros: The energy level and passion in what they do. Cons: However great their mission, there are certain people who should not be where they are… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to the management is to listen to the reasons why people… More
There are newer reviews on AmeriCares Foundation.

Worked for AmeriCares Foundation? Contribute to the Community!