AmeriCorps
www.nationalservice.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Wonderful learning experience and a great stepping stone.

New Jersey Watershed Ambassador Program (Former Employee)

ProsGreat way to gain experience after college or high school. Helps pay student loan debt or for continuing education. Lots of opportunities all over the country. Very diverse opportunities.

ConsPeople can have very different experiences based on their specific program. Pay is very little as AmeriCorps is considered a volunteer position. My program did not adjust pay for cost of living. People in southern New Jersey earned the same salary as me while I lived and worked in northern New Jersey where rent was three times more expensive.

Environmental Education - Nature Preserve

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmeriCorps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great professional development in environmental education field. AmeriCorp and site leaders created fun, supportive, nurturing environment. Good "Gap Year"… Cons: Best at the beginning of a career - jobs are often entry level in scope. Experience pertained to a small field of environmental education.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I would serve here for the rest of my working years if I could

Computer Literacy Instructor (Current Employee)
    Roanoke, VA

I have been working at AmeriCorps as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility, type of service, opportunities, connections. Cons: You get a living stipend but even thats not a… Advice to Senior Management: NOTHING!!!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AmeriCorps.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriCorps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AmeriCorps CEO Rosie K. Mauk. All reviews posted anonymously by AmeriCorps employees.