AmeriCorps

www.nationalservice.gov

Interesting r

Jumpstart Tutor (Former Employee)

ProsWas part of the Jumpstart tutoring program. You will get to work with a young child in a low-income school and you have the chance to make a huge difference in their learning experience.

You can make your entire work-study allotment plus an extra educational grant (I think it's about $1300 or so now).

ConsThe curriculum is too structured and doesn't allow the tutors to tailor the program to their group of students.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be better if the curriculum started out as it is and became more flexible as the year went on and the tutors become more experienced.

AmeriCorps

I have been working at AmeriCorps full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexible Work Schedule can defer student loans worthy cause Cons: low pay is a major concern More

Wonderful learning experience and a great stepping stone.

New Jersey Watershed Ambassador Program (Former Employee)

I worked at AmeriCorps full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great way to gain experience after college or high school. Helps pay student loan… Cons: People can have very different experiences based on their specific program. Pay is very little as AmeriCorps is considered a volunteer position. My program did… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AmeriCorps.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!