AmeriCorps
www.nationalservice.gov Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Trying but amazing.

Corps Member (Former Employee)
Vicksburg, MS

ProsGreat experience, interesting people, a wide variety of work to build new and different skill, a chance to really get out of your comfort zone and explore new aspects and cultures of the US and disaster preparation and recovery.

ConsPossible conflicting personalities within the team, some may not be use to living off a budget and or stipend, can be a bit difficult to secure a position for more than one term.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs always more preparation and research into projects and sponsors beforehand is always appreciated.

NYC Civic Corps is an invaluable resource for volunteerism and nonprofit work in New York City.

Volunteer Liaison (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at AmeriCorps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: The volunteers I work with and manage are a pleasure and joy to be around. The children clients… Cons: Monthly stipend sometimes just isn't enough. Advice to Senior Management: More funding to increase monthly stipend. Possibly provide transportation reimbursement for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The AmeriCorps NCCC Southern Region Falls Short

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AmeriCorps as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: - Team-based environment - Non-profit based projects in numerous different states - Food, housing,… Cons: - Unequal treatment - Inability to remove poisoning upper-level management -… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AmeriCorps.

Worked for AmeriCorps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriCorps reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AmeriCorps CEO Rosie K. Mauk. All reviews posted anonymously by AmeriCorps employees.