AmeriGas Partners
www.amerigas.com King of Prussia, PA 5000+ Employees

America's propane company

Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at AmeriGas Partners

ProsThey are recognized as a industry leader. Everyone is familiar with propane in some aspect.

ConsThe busness model is not built for organic growth. Growth is mainly through acquistions. AmeriGas is highly political, when it comes to advancement and pay raises. The business is very seasonal, warm winters are bad for business. AmeriGas is committed to paying the dividend to unit holders even if no profit is made. They will borrow money to pay the dividend.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on organic growth. You should have held onto the hard assets such as Bumstead, AZ storage. Selling off assets for short term gains does makew good long term sense.

not too bad

I have been working at AmeriGas Partners

Pros: payed on time,mostly new equiptment Cons: cheap outdated computers, bad routing More

ACE Driver (grill bottles)

ACE Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at AmeriGas Partners as a contractor

Pros: Plenty of work available, including overtime Cons: You WILL get hurt. They WILL fire you. They only hire "seasonal" drivers. If you take a job as a seasonal you will get minimal training… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AmeriGas Partners.

Worked for AmeriGas Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AmeriGas Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AmeriGas Partners CEO Jerry E. Sheridan. All reviews posted anonymously by AmeriGas Partners employees.