America First Credit Union

www.americafirst.com

Works great for a married college student

Lending Call Center (Current Employee) Riverdale, UT

ProsAFCU is a great place to work. The first reason I like working for AFCU is due to the fact they give you full medical/dental/vision benefits only having to work 30 hours per week. This worked perfect as a married full-time college student. You are treated with respect by supervisors and managers. AFCU has a very professional atmosphere and focuses highly on serving members of the Credit Union. I was always able to get off for all my vacations (which were many). They are also very flexible with school schedules. I rarely hear of individuals getting fired from AFCU. Management is very understanding when mistakes are made. There are many managers who have been there for over 20 years that do not have a college degree. If you do have a degree you stand out above the rest. Low key and low stress makes for a great place to work.

ConsLow pay and no bonuses. AFCU pays lower than a bank on all levels from being a teller to a manager. Simply because a credit union is a non profit organization as well as you are not pushed to sell a product. The two entry level jobs in the Credit Union were not enjoyable to me. They are a teller or member service (customer service). Being a teller you get all the hard questions, angry members and the lowest pay in the company. In member service you sometimes feel like you are in prison with 8 full hours of non stop calls and over the top strict guidelines for time off the phone. I never felt like this was a "career" type of job. After school I plan to move on. There are individuals, however, that have degrees that have moved up and made AFCU their career. If this is you plan to invest 10 or more years to get there because there are not many opportunities to move into management positions. Raises are very small.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing a great job. My advice is to hire more employees to lessen the work of Member Service and the Lending Call Center. AFCU is the largest and most successful Credit Union in all of Utah, we need the force to back that up!

Fair

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Ogden, UT

I worked at America First Credit Union

Pros: work force experience Good training. Flexible with hours outside of branches offices. Cons: horrible on advancing career. Pay is bad for what is asked. Advice to Senior Management: Take advantage in employees who have degrees. pay them more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Teller Interview Review

Teller (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at America First Credit Union

Pros: Great hours, limited responsibilities, good internal control levels allowed for secure… Cons: Not very much opportunity for growth. There are few… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is to give more responsive feedback to new hires from… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on America First Credit Union.

Worked for America First Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!