There are newer employer reviews for America II

America II - work hard, play hard

Former Employee - Marketing Representative  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working at America II in the marketing department has been very challenging in that the duties I've had evolved over the years. I used to fax a lot. I would create them and then send them out as well as maintain databases. I stopped doing that years ago and started working more with graphic design and designing fliers, posters, and banners. Loved it. Also, the company closes down twice a year and you get paid for it. The CEO knows many people by name and with a large company, that is impressive.

Cons

The company has had some massive lay offs recently so the environment has become a little more volatile. Sales reps are struggling and because of that they aren't as sociable as in the past.

I believe that many who come from America II are used to nothing less than top notch service. We strive for quality in all we do.

5 Other Employee Reviews for America II (View Most Recent)

Work Hard, Play Harder

Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator and Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Management Coordinator and Analyst

I have been working at America II

Pros

Fun and friendly
    Great people
    Most managers help a person succeed
    Promote/hire within
    Family oriented
    Solid company
    Still growing

Cons

Market conditions can make it stressful

There is some dead wood that needs taken out, or moved. Let the employees review their managers.

Success is no accident?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at America II full-time

Pros

Incredible business model in a challenging global industry. Good logistical support in the warehousing due to technical upgrades by necessity.

Cons

Demeritocracy = Challenging corporate environment in which to advance, for one who follows their rules set by 'managers.' By the way, expect their rules to change, monthly and weakly.

Education in sciences will help one understand intelligent feedback when heard. Do what's right. Try being honest. Learn to preserve power. Greed at expense of operations staff is not good. Mature for your market or the market will mature away from you for their own sake.

There are newer employer reviews for America II

Worked for America II? Contribute to the Community!