America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

www.twopair.com
There are newer employer reviews for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Okay

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Pros

Flexibility, time, caring, family orientated

Cons

Pay scale, management, moving up

67 Other Employee Reviews for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (View Most Recent)

Upper level Management has lost sight of what it means to care about customers and employees.

Current Employee - Optometric Tech
    Current Employee - Optometric Tech

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The hours are reasonable. Unlike other retail stores, AmBest stores are not open until late at night.

Cons

The incentives program for anyone not not selling specs is low in comparison to those who are "opticians". Adequate training is not provided for the average store associate. It's pretty much a learn-as-you-go environment. The company seems to be all about the numbers and really does not seem to understand how to make policies that promote customer satisfaction. The NPS system is ridiculous. There has to be a more accurate way of gauging customer satisfaction.

Make yourselves more accessible to store associates. Use their concerns and experiences to develop better customer service policies.

very disappointing

I have been working at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

Pros

can learn optics, meet people, help them, alledged open door policy if you have a problem with a higher up manager. good health benefits

Cons

our district manager threatened to clean house in our store even putting our jobs on the internet. How can you have happy employees like that? I called the In Touch line to voice my concern, afterall, I was supposed to be able to do this without the district manager knowing or so I thought. Now she knows I am stuck in my position without opportunity to advance. My immediate supervisor wants to promote me but she will not allow him since I called In Touch on her. In the handbook it states there is no retribution for such a call but now I am looking for another job because my future at America's best is dead in the water.

district managers, area managers should be promoted from within from opticians
    don't lie about the In Touch line. protect those who call you didn't protect me.
    there is more but I don't have the time to write it all. I am going to call the In Touch line again but not say my name this time, I don't want to get fired.

There are newer employer reviews for America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses