America's Home Place

www.americashomeplace.com
  www.americashomeplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for America's Home Place

It was a great learning experience.

Former Employee - Office Secretary
Former Employee - Office Secretary

I worked at America's Home Place

Pros

It's fun to be a part of building a home for a family .

Cons

There are not many job titles so it's very difficult to move up in a branch office, maybe at the corporate office it would be easier.

There is only one person that I have dealt with personally that needs help in leading a team, there is a fine line between being a leader and being rude to your employees.

8 Other Employee Reviews for America's Home Place (View Most Recent)

Work Load expands pay and support do not

I worked at America's Home Place

Pros

In the right region things, for what I hear, are great...My region, I would be hard pressed to find Pros beyond a regular check

Cons

benifits, no raises, no advancement, no leadership, no support...taking advantage of the economy and loading up current employees, knowing they need the job, and not hiring...

none, the best people have or are leaving...the rest can sink

Standing Behind Your Word

I worked at America's Home Place full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my experience working here. I am a well-educated, highly motivated individual who puts forth 1005 effort in any job I do.

Cons

I found that management did not always do what was promised for either the customer or the employee. Most people are reasonable and understand situations arise; especially in the ever volatile economic environment of the past few years. If you are in the middle of a promise between management and a customer, you can not always be responsible for the outcome.

Always do what you commit yourself to. If that isn't possible, let your customer or your employee know as soon as you know that what you promised is not available. Do not let people "think" one thing while you deliberately know that something else is about to occur. It just simple common courtesy, do the right thing.

There are newer employer reviews for America's Home Place