America's Job Network

Outstanding

Current Employee - SENIOR CAREER CONSULTANT
Current Employee - SENIOR CAREER CONSULTANT

I have been working at America's Job Network

Pros

Most effective service, proven record of success; unique system. Worth the cost an/or effort;
AJN helps prepare job hunting prospects increase their job hunting effectiveness at no cost - WHERE ELSE CAN AN UNEMPLOYED AMERICAN GET SUCH A SERVICE?

The Professional fees may appear to be high, yet when quoted within the context of a 3-6 month professional support effort coupled with successful results - the paid fee almost fades into insignificance.

NOTICE INTERNET COMPLAINTS AND NEGATIVE COMMENTS DO NOT COME FROM CLIENTS. SUCH COMMENTS COME FROM OTHERS WITH VARIOUS MOTIVATIONS.

Cons

A long term learning, self improvement and mentoring process. The individuals who can sustain a constant, changing learning climate will be successful.

Thank you for such a great opportunity - and for such continued support in light of my long term learning curve. Most companies would not allow such a long term process for employees while waiting for them to make a contribution.

14 Other Employee Reviews for America's Job Network (View Most Recent)

Great work atmosphere

I have been working at America's Job Network

Pros

- talented, smart group of people
    - vast knowledge of the industry
    - cooperative work culture
    - open management
    - good benefits
    - always looking for ways they can improve
    - good work/life balance
    - work independently
    - great career outlook

Cons

- lack of career advancement
    - not many on site perks

- allow more flexibility
    - offer more on the job benefits

Run, don't walk, away! Company a.k.a. AJN, ACT, ITS, SET, ERI.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at America's Job Network

Pros

I learned more about the business world outside of my field of expertise due to this position. I met some terrific people, both clients and employees, that I continue to keep in touch with.

Cons

Concerned about their constant name changes: AJN, ITS, ACT, SET, ERI.

Their recruiters outright lied to me about the compensation possibilities. I was told that the turnover in sales was about 40%: Turned out to be more like 99%. I was told that the average compensation (for this 100% commission job) was around $80,000: Median income is more like $20,000.

They change the sales procedures at least monthly. They retroactively change commission structures. They keep a huge, secretive chasm between sales and marketing. Phones and office are bugged. Hidden cameras watch your every move. I've learned that if someone is that paranoid about others, it's usually because they themselves have something to hide.

As it's a family run company, they hire family members for key positions, not people who have credentials.

Hire (and listen to the advice of) a management consultant that specializes in family-run business dynamics. Stop behaving like a spoilt 2-year old and punishing the people who are trying to perform for you. Behave like a decent professional and motivate your force. If you can't, then get out of the way.

FIX service delivery. JMAC is outdated and broken. Blaming lack of results on your clients is not working, and it's WRONG. The company has "Nom du Jour" syndrome: AJN, ITS, ACT, SET, ERI. Changing the name of the company regularly so that people can't find information on you is only a band-aid. You need to fix the company from the inside out, stop the customer complaints, and THEN think about a fresh start with a new name.

RECRUITING: Tell your candidates the absolute truth about what they're getting into. REAL average incomes. ACTUAL turnover rates.

OVERALL: Service delivery is your primary issue. Fix the broken links in JMAC. Utilize new databases that are more up-to-date, accurate.

What may have worked for clients 10 years ago (QR Resumes, e-fax distributions) no longer work today due to companies simply pushing back against these non-traditional methods in order to maintain their sanity, so find new methods.

Stop having us (sales) tell prospects that we have a 99% placement rate within 12 weeks. It's simply not anywhere close to true and sets up unrealistic expectations, which ultimately your marketing directors have to deal with and what leads to negative blogs.

When service delivery improves and the service starts working better for more people, word will get out in a positive way, just like its done on the flipside for you. That is when you will see improvement in sales, both in units and revenue.

There are newer employer reviews for America's Job Network