Great benefits!

Former Employee - Public Relations Specialist in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - Public Relations Specialist in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

Professional but relaxed environment and is agreat place to work. Very focused on work/life balance.

Cons

Location is tough if you live in the city

Advice to Management

Continue to develop employees from within

Other Employee Reviews for American Academy of Dermatology

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Academy of Dermatology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Great benefits. Wonderful relationships with member dermatologists.

Cons

Although senior management has undergone significant changes in recent years, the bad ones somehow still keep getting hired.

Great Organization - Great employee benefits!

Pros

The organization in a whole is great to work for! The work life balance they offer as well as benefits were significant enough to make coming to work enjoyable. You feel like an important part of the company. I feel there is a great "payback" for all the hard work you put in. They encourage you to learn and continue your education which is great for career growth. Majority of the staff I worked with were fabulous and great team players. Very lovely people! They must be doing something right for people to stay employed there for many many years. I truly recommend working at the AAD and I would work there again if I could!

Cons

The departments are tight knit which is a pro & can be a con at times. Sometimes you can feel like the outsider as if you are not part of the clique because you haven't been there as long. This is a usual case no matter where you go however, the company did go through a reorganization which should have helped with a lot of that. Other than that I can't think of any other con.

Advice to Management

It would be nice for HR to reevaluate returning applicants who have left the AAD (for various reasons) and give them a fair shake at joining the team again. There is obviously a reason why they would want to come back and situations change.