American Airlines
www.aa.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

98 % good company to work for , but...................

Reservations Agent (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I worked at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCompany kept its promise to recall me after 9/11 business slump and furlough. They even kept me on after closing my office, and I thought my only option was a layoff in 2002.
American Airlines did its best to stay out of bankruptcy, but the unions declined major pay and benefits cuts time after time. Thank God I wasnt in a union. Now AA is in bankruptcy and the courts will decide who gets what pay, and who keeps their job... It's a tough cutthroat business.

ConsManagement is asking more and more productivity for less and less pay and benefits since 2009.
Front line level management is a bit more dis-organized since positions were cut.

very enriching and flexible employment

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: travel experience, flexibility with schedule, different work environment… Cons: no incentives for performance, being ontime or not calling in… Advice to Senior Management: invest in employees as well as infrastructure and customer experience No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Was a great company back in the day

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Somewhat flexible schedule. Decent medical. Cons: No movement in the ranks. Haven't hired for 10 years.… Advice to Senior Management: Look outside of the box and be visionaries in a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Airlines.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Airlines CEO Thomas Horton. All reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees.