There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

My experience is awesome and wonderful.

Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Waco, TX
Current Employee - Ramp Agent in Waco, TX

I have been working at American Airlines part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Meet new people from all around the world.

Cons

It can get very stressful at times

Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines

Worst of the airlines! Horrid company culture!

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in New York, NY

I have been working at American Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Right now there are none.

Cons

Management is inept (Senior management not supervisory) hey come after employee salaries and benefits whenever they are in trouble while taking huge bonuses themselves. They rule by intimidation and fear. They like to pit work group against work group. They are ruthless against other airlines and careless with the people they hurt in the cities we pull out of. The flight attendant union is as inept as the management it supposedly goes against! Don't believe for a second that they have your best interest at heart. Don't know which I hate more the union or the management. They have taken away every bit of flexibility we had in this job. The new pay and rules which will soon be implemented will leave new hires working for less than minimum wage when you calculate the hours out in compared to the hours paid! DON'T DO IT! Flight Benefits are useless as our planes are full because they have cut so much capacity!

Advice to Management

LEAVE! Let Parker try to salvage this airline. Please take the APFA with you....

All that glitters is not gold

Former Employee - Flight Attendant and Curriculum Developer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant and Curriculum Developer in Miami, FL

I worked at American Airlines full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

American serves a lot of cities and has bases in many cities you may have considered living . I have met some of the best friends you could ever ask for there.

Cons

The management at American is determined to exploit their employees and is on a mission to eliminate work rules and lower hourly wages. They've presented an ultimatum to some of their most experienced agents to accept 30% pay cuts or leave and they are creating work rules for their flight attendants that make flying and having a family impossible.

Advice to Management

Resign and allow management that see the value of front line employees to run the airline properly.