American Airlines
www.aa.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Once great, not so much anymore!

International Flight Purser (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsTravel used to be a great benefit, now you have to fight to get on an airplane. Our health benefits are still okay and pay will let you live in the lower middle class.

ConsAfter the mismanagement of our current senior management which has lead to bankruptcy, they are attempting to completely gut our remaining benefits and quality of work life.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat you are doing is completely wrong, please try to find those who love the airline business and want to help us grow again and become the once proud airline we once were. The money-grubbing and business-as-usual policies will no longer work.

We're in bankruptcy now so there is a lot of uncertainty among employees across the board

Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Airlines part-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I love the people I work with. They is a variety, you never work with the same person/people twice in… Cons: Long hours, many nights in hotel rooms, and some obnoxious… Advice to Senior Management: Why can we all share the sacrifice? Stop trying to make millions even during the bankruptcy. The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's a good place to work too!

Principal Architect (Current Employee)
    DFW, TX

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good work and life balance Cons: Compensation is slightly lower than market... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Airlines.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Airlines CEO Doug Parker. All reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees.