American Airlines

www.aa.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

Once great, not so much anymore!

Current Employee - International Flight Purser in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - International Flight Purser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel used to be a great benefit, now you have to fight to get on an airplane. Our health benefits are still okay and pay will let you live in the lower middle class.

Cons

After the mismanagement of our current senior management which has lead to bankruptcy, they are attempting to completely gut our remaining benefits and quality of work life.

What you are doing is completely wrong, please try to find those who love the airline business and want to help us grow again and become the once proud airline we once were. The money-grubbing and business-as-usual policies will no longer work.

736 Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines (View Most Recent)

American Airlines HQ offices

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at American Airlines full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

AA is a great company to work for if you are wanting to gain experience in various departments and build your business expertise. I worked in three different organizations and had three very different experiences in terms of management and peers. For the most part upper management is personable and it is a good atmosphere to work in. Teams are usually close knit and work feels like an extended family. The flight benefits are great.... if you love travel.

Cons

The pay is not up to industry level.... there are many jobs where you can make more with other companies..... word of advice.... make sure to negotiate what you can with first job in company, if not you are stuck in a pay bracket that could hinder what you make in future jobs in the company.

Rethink your pay plan and how you value employees in this regard.... It is very difficult to see long term employees that know the company inside and out... and make huge contributions to its success making half of what newly hired college students that know nothing about it and will take years to get to that point of contribution.

Good work environment and great travel perks

Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at American Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of sharp people work at AA and company policy helps ensure respectful treatment of all employees. Travel privileges and other travel-related discounts can help you see the world for less than half of what it might otherwise cost.

Cons

Opportunties for improvement may include more fact-based decision-making that is even more customer-focused; the contentious history of management-labor relations needs to be addressed for the company to prosper in a manner equal to its potential.

There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines