American Airlines
www.aa.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Working hard for many years...

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people, great managers at the airport and in the headquarters office. Flexible time off, some office managers can work from home occasionally, lots of vacation after 15 years.

ConsPaid a LOT less than other in similar positions, up to 25% less. Executive management is somewhat out of touch with the customer experience as well as the employee experience. Lot of angry airport employees. Respect your employees' time off. You work all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the employee satisfaction first and you will have happy customers and shareholders.

Flight benefits but not much else

Tower Coordinator (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX

I worked at American Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Airplanes Fast paced Great view Flight benefits Health benefits Cons: Low pay High stress Grumpy co-workers Fast paced Under-qualified managers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I saw the best of times and now the worst of times, since they filed for backruptcy. Overall, it was a wonderful, life.

International Purser Flight Attendant (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I traveled to parts of the world that I would have never… Cons: Once 911 occured, everything in the airline industry changed for the worst. There is a lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your front line employees like gold. Stop taking money from us and lining your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on American Airlines.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Airlines CEO Thomas Horton. All reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees.