There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

 

I am happy with my job

  • Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities
Current Employee - Flight Operations  in  Dulles, VA
Current Employee - Flight Operations in Dulles, VA

I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I know many people are not happy but I like working for AA. I cannot complaint I have a good job, good pay, good benefits.

Cons

Too much pessimism going around and too many passive aggressive workers and managers.

Advice to ManagementAdvice

Fire everybody and start new! I'll apply again because I like my job and the company. Ah, and please stop hiring these management consulting companies to ask dumb questions that lead to nothing.

Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO

651 Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines (View Most Recent)

Sort: Rating Date
  1.  

    Great experience, a lot of exposure, fast pace, hectic

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

    I have been working at American Airlines full-time for more than 3 years

    Pros

    Present to executives, good face time
    Broad range of responsibilities

    Cons

    Fast pace
    Deadlines unrealistic at times
    Long hours

    Recommends
    Positive Outlook
    Approves of CEO
  2. 1 person found this helpful  

    On top of firing you, they have a data base that shuts you out of aviation all together.

    • Comp & Benefits
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Senior Management
    • Culture & Values
    • Career Opportunities
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

    I worked at American Airlines full-time for more than 8 years

    Pros

    Flight benefits. Shopping abroad. Making life-long friends.

    Cons

    The management/labor relations for this company is notorious in the airline industry for being one of the worst. Yes, 90% of those terminated for misconduct get reinstated through their unions. Unfortunately, the remaining 10% get put into a data base which is shared throughout the industry and ultimately prevents one from ever getting hired in the airline industry. I speak from experience. I also speak 4 languages and have extensive experience in the hospitality or public contact. Every door was shut in my face. This forced me to remain on unemployment for close to 3 years with no UIB. Yes, I could've gone into something else, but when aviation is your passion, it's not that easy. I am utterly appalled that companies are allowed to this to working individuals. There were others that got terminated for much worse offenses, but were eventually reinstated. This company goes by patterns of behavior which has some employees receive up to 2 and 3 chances, unlike my case which had no pattern and was not treated like an isolated event. Most cries for help do get offered rehabilitation. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky ones.

    Advice to ManagementAdvice

    Terminating employees for misconduct is acceptable. But putting them into a data base which closes the door on future opportunities, thus destroying peoples lives by forcing them into financial ruin is deplorable and immoral. The management at this company does not follow advice, but its own.

    Doesn't Recommend
    Negative Outlook
    Disapproves of CEO
There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.