American Airlines

There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines

Best employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at American Airlines full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flight benefits and the option to swap days with coworkers... Benefits aren't the best but Definetly not the worst.

Cons

With low seniority you have to pray the industry doesn't start Laying off again

No issues with management

690 Other Employee Reviews for American Airlines (View Most Recent)

Horrific they pretty much suck

I have been working at American Airlines

Pros

I really can't see any

Cons

I can now see why they they have old haggard employees cause they don't want change

You need more professionalism and finesse.Take send "several" tips from Jet Blue..

Bag handler as a career?

Current Employee - Fleet Service in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Fleet Service in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at American Airlines full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I luv to see the world,met a bunch of good people from all across the United States from all walks of life and ethnicities who are my co workers,and the leave/work policy is one of the main benefits left at AA after all these bad years..obviously,being able to trvl for very cheap is a plus,but in these last 10 years waiting for a empty seat is getting ridiculous...been stuck in Los Angeles for a week due no empty seats to get back to Dallas(hotel,food,no salary 1 week family 4=$$$)

Cons

Micro mgmt who will not fix the systemic problems at AA, Mgmt who bankrupts a great airline and blames labor,and the new biz plan is to leave old biz plan in place,and take take take frm workers pension,(gone),pay cuts and cut all benefites..and leaving all the Mgmt in place who brought us down in the first place..thk god for the pilots who forced a mfmt chang and merger w/US air.

Get rid of the multiple layers of mgmt that arent needed(theres a lot more that need to go),start restoring some of the cuts, and most importantly, in a service industry,your Employees are your greatest asset, no happy employees mean no happy customers means a company ultimately failing down the road.

There are newer employer reviews for American Airlines