American Airlines
www.aa.com Fort Worth, TX 5000+ Employees

Work with good people at an often overly conservative company

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
DFW, TX

ProsYou work with good people who really care about the company and the industry and will provide you with solid skills to succeed anywhere if you decide to leave at any point.

ConsAmerican leadership seems to think it's still 1992. Can you work from home one or two days a week? No way - how could your manager keep an eye on you at home? It's things like that, the dress code, the silo mentality, the absolute terror that something we try will be viewed negatively by another department, etc. that makes this only an ok place to work. The maternity leave is inadequate, there is absolutely no paternity leave which shows you what is most important at the company - it's the work, not the employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's 2008 - trust your employees. Let us work from home occasionally. Let us use flex schedules if we prove we can handle it. Instead of clamping down on us when times are tough let up on the reigns and let us prove to you that we are worth the trust that many, many other companies put in their employees. Re-evaluate your maternity (and lack of paternity) policies to prove to us that you care.

Airline people should run airlines

Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at American Airlines

Pros: AA offers schedule flexibility as needed. Additionally, the flight benefits are nice to have, but… Cons: AA does not recognize employees as well as it should. Additionally, the airline is ran by MBAs vs committed people who live and breath… Advice to Senior Management: The MBAs need to spend a day at the ATO or on the ramp during… More

OK company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

I have been working at American Airlines

Pros: Flexible hours. Sometimes exciting. Not that much overtime. … Cons: Morale is generally low right now. We haven't hired externally… Advice to Senior Management: Make decisions and stick with them. Be more forthcoming… More
There are newer reviews on American Airlines.

Worked for American Airlines? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Airlines reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Airlines CEO Doug Parker. All reviews posted anonymously by American Airlines employees.