American Apparel
www.americanapparel.net Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

neutral

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsI liked my coworkers and the clothes.

ConsThe manager for my store was incompetent. The workers in American Apparel are fairly young and therefore some are given higher positions than they can undertake.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that are actually capable of doing their jobs and that are devoted to the company, and then your turnover rate will not be so high.

Great place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Apparel

Pros: Flexible time, friendly environment, great coworkers Cons: there are none of bad thing I found for now. Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

HQ

Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at American Apparel

Pros: 50% clothing discount Very good health benefits On-site clinic open two days a week Great co-workers Free massages! Blue-collar workers… Cons: White-collar workers: Rare reviews, rare raises, rare holidays off Underqualified people given… Advice to Senior Management: Have more respect for people who went to college to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on American Apparel.

Worked for American Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Apparel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Apparel CEO Dov Charney. All reviews posted anonymously by American Apparel employees.