Lacking Career Growth Opportunities

Former Employee - PC Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - PC Support Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at American Appraisal

Pros

Good place to start from college.

Cons

Innovative minds are a threat to management.

Advice to Management

Welcome 360 leadership.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It may be the largest but it is by far the worst APPRAISAL company to work for

Former Employee - Fixed Asset Appraiser in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Fixed Asset Appraiser in Atlanta, GA

I worked at American Appraisal

Pros

If you want to obtain airline and hotel points you can easily do so here.

Cons

There are many downsides of this company. I rated everything a (1) based solely on my experience with the company. This was an honest assessment and not one based on a that of a disgruntled employee. As a new employee there was no support or training from management or co-workers. From my experience your schedule for travel was given to you at last minute. For example you may be told on Friday that you need to book a flight Sunday for the week, returning late Friday evening. There is no per-diem for your time away from home. Only a very modest food allowance. The company is an appraisal company that doesn't require you take any appraisal courses during your employment. They do not support their employees in becoming licensed, I think the main reason for this is because they want to keep your pay as low as possible. I know people who have been there close to a decade and have barely gotten raises and no this was not due to performance issues. This company also does not support diversity in anyway be it ethnic or gender. The benefits are not good in any way.

Advice to Management

I would say the company needs to be revamped from the top down. Senior management needs to place experienced leaders with good communication skills in place of the inexperienced managers who are currently running many of the offices. A comprehensive training program should be implemented for new hires. Licensing should be required for employees who are preforming duties of an "appraiser". The company should assist these employees in obtaining licensing be it by having deadlines for qualifying education or making it mandatory to have an up to date assignment log. The main issue I see with American Appraisals is the incompetent, disorganized employees at all levels.

2. Lack of IT investment

I have been working at American Appraisal

Pros

Excellent environment to work. Very skillful team. Good opportunities to make the local operation grow.

Cons

Too much procedures to do without IT support. From finance to project controlling, everything is done without a properly ERP. Don't has formal training for the employees.

Advice to Management

More investment in IT. All the procedures are over past. Look forward, don't keep doing the same just because it is working, just think that it can be even better.