American Association for the Advancement of Science

aaas.org

Typical non-profit pay, atypical organization with a smart future

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsLow stress, flexible vacation/personal time, great company outings, great coworkers, receptive management. Departmental cohesion means you are likely to make friends within days of joining AAAS. Casual Friday. Dedicated leaders.

ConsNon-profit pay, no bonuses, slightly understaffed, some communication issues. Due to the nature of the organization, almost everyone is on a tight deadline. The work hard (little play) mentality is strong in this organization. Although we have a roof-top lunch area, few people ever use it. Almost everyone chooses to eat at their desk.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your employees and promote company loyalty. A competitive salary will help us sustain ourselves in this expensive city.

Great place to work!

Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at American Association for the Advancement of Science

Pros: Great modern office building and location in downtown Washington DC. Most employees have their own office with a great view of chinatown or the… Cons: Career advancement is tough. Not a lot of room… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work although pay can be a bit better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at American Association for the Advancement of Science full-time

Pros: Great environment and benefits, fairly stable, people are really nice--the… Cons: Pay a bit low, too much emphasis on equality, not… Advice to Senior Management: Need to pay based on performance, not equality. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Association for the Advancement of Science.

Worked for American Association for the Advancement of Science? Contribute to the Community!