homeowners claims adjuster

Current Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster
Current Employee - Homeowners Claims Adjuster

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- good pay
- no micromanagement
- respect my decisions
- easy to speak with managers and the ability to speak with upper management
- great benefits

Cons

I wish that I had the opportunity to work with cat and travel more

The systems need to be updated

Other Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

No one held to account. This reviewer gives the company a "D-"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Autonomy. Mostly because nobody holds you to account.

Cons

I have worked at several large companies in my life: American Express, PWC, Sage, etc. and have never encountered the culture issues and politics like I have at AAA. Few people are held accountable (and that was confirmed to me by a manager), so trying to get your job done is maddening. One VP stood up in a meeting in front of contractors, employees, and auditors and said, "I can't do the right thing or I'll be fired." The place is crazy.

There is more disrespectful behavior than I have ever witnessed at any job, too. There are FAR too many contractors who don't really have any 'ownership,' for anything which contributes more and more to unaccountability and disrespect. Most of the people I've worked with are either complaining or just "dead" inside. I won't bore you with details, but suffice it to say, I am thoroughly disappointed in working for AAA.

Get ACCOUNTABLE and hold your employees to account!

It is the worst job I have had the displeasure of working for.

Current Employee - Membership Services  in  Newburgh, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Services in Newburgh, NY

Pros

If you know how to suck up to your superiors, you will go far.

Cons

The computer software and the information we use are extremely outdated. Information that we need to do our jobs efficiently is, in some cases, over 5 years old. Because of this, employees are forced to rely on incorrect information which often leads to mistakes being made. Management has been told about this many, many times and refuses to update any old information, for reasons unknown. Communication between the call centers is almost non-existent even though everyone is constantly forced to work on the same issues. There is zero accountability for our contracted road service providers, and at the same time, 100% accountability for the phone operators. I won't even get started on the way the salaried management speaks to the hourly workers. Needless to say, we are treated like ants who are monitored to make sure we try and sell as much product as possible.

Update the computer systems so that employees can do the job that you ask us to do! We are human beings also, there is no need to talk down to us! Start holding road service providers accountable for mistakes!

There are newer employer reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA).

Worked for American Automobile Association (AAA)? Contribute to the Community!