American Automobile Association (AAA)

www.aaa.com
There are newer employer reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

My personal growth was nurtured by my supervisors and co-workers.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Heathrow, FL
Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Heathrow, FL

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Working for national corporation has it's perks in higher salaries and better benefits. But the feeling of being part of a team was an unexpected benefit.

Cons

The only con I can think of was that we weren't very busy in our department and had quite a bit of down time. I guess that's a good thing considering we handled complaints and problems.

358 Other Employee Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA) (View Most Recent)

Great if you never plan to work anywhere else. Otherwise, run.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

Stability. 15+ or even 20+ years in the same job is normal here, not the exception.

Cons

Archaic, conservative corporate culture
    No advancement opportunities
    Zero communication between departments
    Incredible amount of paranoia/distrust of employees by management
    Employees are actively discouraged or penalized for suggesting improvements
    The company's outdated technology and anti-progressive culture means that staying here longer than a year or two will destroy your resume and your chances of ever getting another job in your field.

I don't think anything I say would make a difference. Nothing will ever change at this company because the leadership genuinely does not understand how out of touch they are, and all succession plans are based on maintaining the status quo.

The opportunities that we were told were available arent which creates a very low morale amongst employees.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Licensed Insurance Agent Property and Casualty in Irving, TX

I have been working at American Automobile Association (AAA)

Pros

1. Management is very flexible with your work shift/schedule. You are able given one hour to arrive to work and you're not considered late until you're 1 hour and one minute late.
    2. Your Property and Casualty License is reimbursed by the company. Training materials to study are also provided.
    3. 24 hour workout facility on site as well as a full service cafeteria
    4. You can receive up to 10 occurrences before you get a verbal. (This includes missing a whole day of work unplanned and being late)

Cons

1. If they pay for your license/training you are required to sign a 1 year contract to be a captive agent to AAA and if you quit prior to that, $2000 on a prorated basis will be deducted from your last check.
    2. The leads are MINIMAL. There are more agents than opportunities. They increased the sales force from 50 to over 100 and the leads remained the same. It's an incoming call center environment where you quote people that need insurance. It's very possible to go an entire day and not receive 1 call that results in a quote/sale.
    3. The pay that the new hires were told to expect is extremely less than what we are actually making.
    4. There is no loyalty to tenured employees. They have been getting terminated for performace, which declined across the floor when the sales force increased drastically.
    5. Mandatory 1 Saturdays/month.
    6. Being on the draw system for compensation. If you don't make more than the draw you owe the $ back and you're hit with cancels (for up to a year after writing new business) that cause your commission to plumet.
    7. No casual dress days on Friday

Show more appreciation to agents that have dedicated years of service. If you treat your employees right that will be loyal and dedicated to the company.

There are newer employer reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)