There are newer employer reviews for American Axle & Manufacturing

Great place to work, but you have to work hard!

Current Employee - Product Engineer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Product Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at American Axle & Manufacturing

Pros

Excellent 401k, decent medical/dental, somewhat competitive salary, tuition reimbursement. Training/continued education is encouraged. Hands-on engineering is encouraged.

Cons

Long hours are sometimes encouraged, if not expected. During tough economic times like these in the US, engineers are asked to take on more work and work longer hours. The free fitness center just closed.

Advice to Management

There should be more focus from HR and Senior Management on retaining their best engineers. Don't let their salaries fall behind what other companies are offering. More importantly, don't let their salaries fall behind what you are offering new hires with the same or less experience. It is hard to find good driveline engineers and even harder to train those without driveline experience. Please maintain the current 401k matching. It is our only hope of affording retirement and health care.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Corporate Greed at Its Best!

Former Employee - Skilled Trades in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Skilled Trades in Buffalo, NY

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing

Pros

I will never forget the friendships and bonds that I had made. The people I worked with were the best group of hard working individuals that you would ever meet!

Cons

Watch out for the company that wants more and more from you, then makes more and more money off of your sweat, makes you promises that are not kept and then stabs you in the back

Advice to Management

I don't know how you can sleep at night.

2. Good Company But bad management (CAD dept - Less designers and more managers)

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Pune (India)

I worked at American Axle & Manufacturing (More than 3 years)

Pros

Subsidized food, small Organization, Lots of learning oppurtunity

Cons

Specially CAD department - less Salary high demands, Lack of Transparency, Bad management, No flexible timings, Blame Game specially if you working under 1 very bad drawing checker but team leader, they will make service bond of 2 years in the name of onsite abroad opportunity of just 3 months. all this applicable only for CAD dept. Please note - there are different policies of CAD dept and rest of the company.

Advice to Management

Please improve communication between various departments and stop blame Game for any defects. Company policies should be very clear.