American Bureau of Shipping

www.eagle.org
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for American Bureau of Shipping

Excellent company with a long distinguished history and a solid future.

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at American Bureau of Shipping

Pros

The company provides numerous opportunities for advancement with a clear career path. The company is also very supportive in continuing education and industry involvement. One of the best benefits has been the respect shown to individual employees from upper level management. You are even allowed to work whatever hours you want and if you need to take a day off but don't want to use vacation time then you can easily make the hours up later in the week.

Cons

Engineers don't get to travel allot until they move up to management positions.

I would ask that they increase the number of opportunities the standard engineer has for travel. Especially since the company is so globally diverse.

71 Other Employee Reviews for American Bureau of Shipping (View Most Recent)

Life's Good Working There ! ;)

Current Contractor - Account Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Contractor - Account Assistant in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at American Bureau of Shipping as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

People there are friendly and are always willing to help.

Cons

Recently, they have just stated to hold events to bond the employees together which is a good start since it has never been done for the past 20 years.

More events should be organize for more interaction between colleagues.

Good first step in your career

Current Employee - Engineer I, Offshore Engineering Department in London, England (UK)

I have been working at American Bureau of Shipping full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- People are very helpful, you will meet people that have been working in the offshore industry (oil&gas) for 20-30 years and have a lot of knowledge to share with you
    - Great private medical insurance and pension plan scheme.
    - Good atmosphere at work. Moreover, the company tries to keep a good environment at the office by means of doing leisure activities out the office.

Cons

- The job could be quite monotonous sometimes. You will be in charge of reviewing equipment mostly and stamping drawings.
    - Promotion within the company takes a long long time.

There are newer employer reviews for American Bureau of Shipping