American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org
  www.cancer.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Great environment to work in, pleasant colleagues, needs more transparent opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Fulfilling work - I truly felt like I was making a difference every day on the job. Interacting with constituents was very rewarding.

Cons

Outdated technology equipment especially for non-exempt employees, contributed to inefficiency of the position. Needs to be more up-to-date with social media trends.

Great work culture and very competent upper management. Please focus on more effective and organized delegating to avoid employee downtime and confusion.

466 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

I was proud to work there because of what they did, but not the people I worked with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Large, well-known organization, volunteers are great to work with and will make you feel good about what you are doing. I would recommend it as a first job.

Cons

The leadership is not great and it's a non-profit so they are always looking for ways to cut money (staff) in a down economy.

Act like leaders and not like you are entitled because you are working for a large national non-profit.

High Pressure-Poor Work Life Balance

Current Employee - Community Representative in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Community Representative in Naples, FL

I have been working at American Cancer Society

Pros

a good amount of vacation, personal and sick time, Salary is higher than other non profit comparable positions

Cons

You will work evenings and weekends, some goals are unrealistic, and management is not promoted from within. They bring in people from the outside to manage many times-so they have no idea how to lead.

Promote from within.