There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

ACS

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

The ACS was one of my favorite places to work. The staff you work with is great and the cause is meaningful. Obviously they can't pay you a lot because money has to go to the cause, but there is a great work life balance.

Cons

Technology can be improved, but they are working on it.

Keep doing a great job

reviews filtered by
  1. Great environment to work in, pleasant colleagues, needs more transparent opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Fulfilling work - I truly felt like I was making a difference every day on the job. Interacting with constituents was very rewarding.

Cons

Outdated technology equipment especially for non-exempt employees, contributed to inefficiency of the position. Needs to be more up-to-date with social media trends.

Great work culture and very competent upper management. Please focus on more effective and organized delegating to avoid employee downtime and confusion.

I was proud to work there because of what they did, but not the people I worked with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Large, well-known organization, volunteers are great to work with and will make you feel good about what you are doing. I would recommend it as a first job.

Cons

The leadership is not great and it's a non-profit so they are always looking for ways to cut money (staff) in a down economy.

Act like leaders and not like you are entitled because you are working for a large national non-profit.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society