There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

ACS

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Framingham, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

The ACS was one of my favorite places to work. The staff you work with is great and the cause is meaningful. Obviously they can't pay you a lot because money has to go to the cause, but there is a great work life balance.

Cons

Technology can be improved, but they are working on it.

Keep doing a great job

424 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

Great people and learning, poor prospects

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Great people, talented staff, ACS does a great job of hiring qualified professionals and pays well among similar NGOs (for international staff, at least). Interesting and challenging work, lots of opportunities to learn with an organization that has lots of resources and tools.

Cons

Upper layers of hierarchy are completely disconnected from the needs and realities of our patient populations. Very little room for promotion, so no long-term prospects. I saw countless brilliant young people leave because ACS had no way of retaining them.

Promote people who have strong on-the-ground experience to the upper echelons, so that they can inform the strategies to take, based on the real needs of the patient populations. Nurture your brilliant people so you can keep them doing great things for ACS, instead of letting them go to work for other public health NGOS and taking all their brainpower with them elsewhere!

Great environment to work in, pleasant colleagues, needs more transparent opportunities for growth

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at American Cancer Society

Pros

Fulfilling work - I truly felt like I was making a difference every day on the job. Interacting with constituents was very rewarding.

Cons

Outdated technology equipment especially for non-exempt employees, contributed to inefficiency of the position. Needs to be more up-to-date with social media trends.

Great work culture and very competent upper management. Please focus on more effective and organized delegating to avoid employee downtime and confusion.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!