Great and fulfilling!

Current Employee - Recruiter for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer  in  Kew Gardens, NY
Current Employee - Recruiter for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer in Kew Gardens, NY

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

They give 100% of the money the raise to research and patient service. Amazing events...you definitely need to attend one and see all the fundraising efforts behind it!

Cons

none at the moment..just wish they had more job openings

Please hire more people in your Queens and Manhattan offices...especially a special team to put on events on colleges, schools, conventions throughout the city, special events and more! I would love a full time job after my temp. assignment is over!

Other Reviews for American Cancer Society

Company is behind the times

Current Employee - Cancer Information Specialist  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Cancer Information Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

Goof time off and benefits options

Cons

Very little chance for advancement

Give people the opportunitiy to take on more responsibility

How the mighty have fallen...

Current Employee - Software Programmer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Programmer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of paid time off, in the 1st year of hire you get about 25 paid days off and for each year you work there you get more. I've been there for 5+ years and I now get 30 paid days off each year.

Cons

Now they monitor not only your web usage but they take screencaps of your monitor at random intervals to see what you're doing. The culture is now starting to become all about "busy" work and even if you can work circles around your coworkers they'll reprimand you just for checking facebook every now and then.

And with the transformation that is currently going on a lot of people are worried about their job security. I would not recommend this to a friend because I just don't feel good if they'll still be there next year.

Stop monitoring superficial stats like how often employees check facebook and take note of how productive they really are. I know some employees who never "goof off" online and yet they take forever to accomplish anything.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!