American Cancer Society
www.cancer.org Atlanta, GA 1000 to 5000 Employees

horrendous hiring experience at ACS. this place should be avoided at all costs.

Prosthere are no pros with this experience. i'm appalled.

ConsI've never encountered such a lack of professionalism, bullying, and non-transparency. I was not able to obtain an official offer letter in writing and my salary was substantially reduced after the offer was verbally extended. Additionally, I was pressured into deciding on the position at the end of the business day on friday. avoid at all costs. i've never experienced such appalling lack of professionalism.

Advice to Senior Managementofficial offer letters in writing should be extended with an offer, not after an individual accepts a position. this is standard policy at most PROFESSIONAL institutions.

Perfect? Not yet. But worthwhile and challenging work for a worthy cause ...

Director (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Worthy mission, overall motivated, hard-working, and competent staff, supportive management… Cons: Slow to change turf-protective culture, lack of work/life balance, slow… Advice to Senior Management: Delimiting the mission is key - ultimately staff must feel like their work has been… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Mission

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great mission. Excellent benefits and competitive salary for nonprofit. Cons: Too many expectations for mission staff. Need to focus… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at American Cancer Society reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for American Cancer Society CEO John R. Seffrin. All reviews posted anonymously by American Cancer Society employees.