Loved the volunteers, I was very successful but management is terrible.

Former Employee - Relay for Life Manager  in  Durango, CO
Former Employee - Relay for Life Manager in Durango, CO

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with survivors, caregivers and volunteers. Relay For Life is a very cathartic experience that was honor to be a part of producing.

Cons

Supervisors and upper management are completely out of touch with the communities in the more remote areas like Durango, CO. The volunteers do not appreciate their trying to micro manage their communities. Supervisors can be absolute bullies and get away with it. Very sad.

Get in touch with your CRM's and appreciate the hard work that they perform.

Other Reviews for American Cancer Society

Wished I had known more about reality than just the name recogniion

Former Employee - DetermiNATION Coordinator
    Former Employee - DetermiNATION Coordinator

I worked at American Cancer Society for more than a year

Pros

The "feeling" that you are in a position to help raise funds to help fight cancer.

Cons

Low pay
    Constant demands on your personal time
    Unending micro-management in order to scare you into raising more and more money
    Job ends up costing you as many supplies you need will never be approved, so you end up buying them out of your own pocket since they can yield benefits.

Where to start? Don't enter into shady contractual dealings with for profit entities who are doing more than touting you as a CHARITY partner when in fact you are paying for the privilege of bringing them participants and increasing their bottom line. DetermiNATION anyone?

horrendous hiring experience at ACS. this place should be avoided at all costs.

I have been working at American Cancer Society

Pros

there are no pros with this experience. i'm appalled.

Cons

I've never encountered such a lack of professionalism, bullying, and non-transparency. I was not able to obtain an official offer letter in writing and my salary was substantially reduced after the offer was verbally extended. Additionally, I was pressured into deciding on the position at the end of the business day on friday. avoid at all costs. i've never experienced such appalling lack of professionalism.

official offer letters in writing should be extended with an offer, not after an individual accepts a position. this is standard policy at most PROFESSIONAL institutions.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!