There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Over worked, under paid

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's wonderful working for a cause I truly believe in. I believe we are truly making a difference and believe in our mission. I love working with our passionate volunteers.

Cons

We work a lot of evenings and weekends. Extra work is consistently being added to our plate. Our processes are very inefficient. Management is ineffective and doesn't do a good job of leading from the front.

421 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

A fantastic organization to work for, but they are SLOW

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits. Great people. A cause that you can get behind. Supportive environment.

Cons

This is an enormous non-profit. They are extremely risk-averse and careful about everything they so, which means that every decision they make and every request that gets made of them is processed very slowly. Don't expect any quick raises or promotions. Also, people who are horrible at their jobs will stick around for much longer than they should because the organization won't make the decision to let them go.

Show your employees how much you value them by giving them incentives to do their jobs well.

Rewarding, great benefits...but don't apply unless you are willing to put in hours!

Former Employee - Senior Income Development Representative  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Income Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at American Cancer Society full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome PTO (builds every year); Great benefits (especially the annual accrued sick leave; "Family" working environment; Dedicated group of volunteers

Cons

Lots of hours (must be able to balance time); "Transformation" (organizational overhaul) has been rough for many people/positions; Unneccessary "middle/upper" management; Lots of travel

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!