There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

A mission you can believe in

I have been working at American Cancer Society

Pros

Flexibility in your schedule. Ability to truly make a difference and see the fruits of your labor. The programs and services offered to patients by this organization are unparalled (unfortunately they struggle telling that story)

Cons

The organization struggles in being timely, they are slow to make decisions and in order to be successful through their transformation they need to focus on being much more agile and responsive in the new climate.

442 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a fast paced environment, the benefits are amazing and seeing how all of your hard work pays off is fulfilling. The group of people I work with really know what it means to be a team and we get along really well that it is almost like we're family.

Cons

The salary/pay rate is extremely low for the amount of work you do. Sometimes you are able to feel the separation in the office. Administrative staff does not get treated with the same respect everyone else does but I can only speak for my office; that may be just be the management staff here.

Employees deserve more money for what they do, treat everyone as equals & appreciate the work your staff does.

Was one of the best non-profits until TRANSFORMATION

I have been working at American Cancer Society

Pros

benefits, holiday, PTO, 403B plan,

Cons

dishonesty about next months of the organization, false-hope, change in direction resulting in loss of jobs

Be more upfront and clear with current staff about the change happening at the company.

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society