American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org

Great nonprofit, even amid transformation

ProsThe people are the biggest pro. You'll never work with a group of more caring, passionate and compassionate staff. And you get to work with amazing volunteers and cancer survivors who will inspire you every day. The leadership of the Society is also being very bold to position the organization for strong growth and impact in the future, which means there are a lot of opportunities ahead.

ConsThe American Cancer Society has been in a massive transformation that's caused uneasiness and uncertainty among it's staff. But it's moving past the toughest of times for staff, and things are looking better and better every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn every action you undertake, remember three people: (1) The front-line staff member who sits across from volunteers who raise the funds that drive our mission $1, $5 and $10 at a time; (2) The volunteers who work so hard to make everything we do possible; and (3) Most importantly, those people who count on us to save their lives and the lives of those they love.

The American Cancer Society has been fantastic as an employer

Research Associate (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than a year

Pros: They are supportive and very interested in my research Cons: The pay is low for a PhD but good for… Advice to Senior Management: Increase salaries Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Thought it was good, but . . .

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time for more than a year

Pros: When I started over two years, I thought I had found my "dream" job. I… Cons: TRANSFORMATION has changed the feel of the organization. On paper it sounds like the right idea, however, there have been so many empty promises… Advice to Senior Management: Don't tell the people out in the field that you feel their pain. You don't because you haven't had to listen to all your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on American Cancer Society.

Worked for American Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!