American Cancer Society

www.cancer.org
  www.cancer.org
There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society

Amazing people, but job isn't for me.

Current Employee - Cancer Information Specialist in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Cancer Information Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Staff is awesome and friendly, good pay and benefits for a non-profit, supervisors are caring and receptive to employee needs.

Cons

Not a lot of variety in the job, and calls can sometimes be very stressful.

467 Other Employee Reviews for American Cancer Society (View Most Recent)

I am proud to work for such a fantastic, mission driven organization.

Current Employee - Specialist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at American Cancer Society full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The leadership is brilliant and dedicated to the mission. This is an organization that is goal driven, ready to make tough decisions, and will achieve its mission. The volunteers and staff are so dedicated an inspiring that coming to work every day is a joy. Great PTO and benefits. This is not a non-profit environment where you have to fight to the death for a set of post-it notes; you have the resources to do your job. Pay is competitive.

Cons

It can be hard to move up in the organization, but they are working on that since they have restructured. Also working to make sure that there are no silos, and that we are working as a team.

Work to train and elevate your current staff through a talent pipeline, or other leadership training opportunities.

Extremely rewarding internship experience during grad school

Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at American Cancer Society as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

cohesive and friendly team, laid-back atmosphere, generous amount of paid time off for employees, goal oriented internship with a focus on coming out of it with concrete deliverables as evidence of my growth. also great networking across the whole agency.

Cons

sometimes there was a disconnect between the corporate headquarters staff and division staff, but the organization is going through transformation so hopefully this will be less of an issue in the future. also, the internship was unpaid.

formalize an intern program, there is a lot of potential it could have both for the organization and also for graduate students. There would be high demand for

There are newer employer reviews for American Cancer Society